Gavel

Gavel

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Blog 1

"I do. I guess it's to protect our frail ladies from sordid cases like Tom's. Besides," Atticues grinned, "I doubt if we'd ever get a complete case tried-the ladies'd be interrupting to ask questions." page: 296

This section of the book stuck out to me because of the way Atticus so carelessly puts down women. This whole book he seems like the good, sensible guy who thinks everyone should be equal. But no, this does not expand to the rights of women. He still beliefs that women are too "fragile" and not "sensible enough" to stand on a jury, think for themselves, and make important decisions.

In today's society men and women are created equal...sometimes. I know in the "adult world" there's all sorts of problems with women not getting the same pay and all that but I want to talk about the way girls are treated in the "teenage world."

Now let's get a little personal here, just a few weeks ago, I liked this guy. Everything was great, we held hands, texted every night, and I was treated as if I was the only one for him. He was older than me so I always had that little suspicion in the back of my head thinking I was getting played, was I just a little freshman getting played by a junior? But I pushed it away. Problems ended up arising and things didn't work out. It's funny how after a relationship you find all the flaws. People started telling me he was talking to another girl too, didn't tell his friends about me, acted as if a relationship was in the future with me but told me not yet then gets an official girlfriend two weeks after we break up? Yeah, real nice guy. Accuses me for ruining the relationship when I got mad over something little he did when it could have easily been fixed by a simple apology on both our parts.

Differing from in TKAM, women are now allowed to serve on the jury. It's law that our courts have a diverse society. That's great. But there's so much more to change.

Even now, in this society, men put down women. We're put down as less sensible and just toys to be played with. Not cool. Not cool at all. Throughout time, we deserve respect. Respect in the fact that we are important, independent individuals.

3 comments:

  1. i like yours it was really nice you didn't have to change anything youu did really good on them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your's is really good and detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your's is really good and detailed.

    ReplyDelete